maandag 4 juli 2016

Testing Litore dress and Aura bolero for Sofilantjes


Last week, I have been testing the Litore high / low dress and Aura bolero for Sofilantjes, a Dutch designer for PDF patterns. As you can see on the photo’s, the results are amazing! I only started sewing last January (no kidding!) and the Sofilantjes patterns are very easy to follow and gave me the confidence I needed to sew.

Testing both patterns was a pleasure. My daughter chose both fabrics: sunny yellow jersey for the bolero and a yellow-with-blue-flowers jersey for the dress. I started with the Aura bolero pattern: taping the pattern, cutting the fabric and sewing – within no time the vest was assembled. The Aura pattern includes three sleeve lengths: short, ¾ and long. I was assigned to test the short version and made – due to the typical Dutch summer weather – another one with long sleeves immediately after the testing period.

The Litore dress was just a little more work. Turning the straps puzzled me initially, but a darning needle came to the rescue. An online tutorial showed me how to make a hem in a circle skirt and the result was stunning! Litore has two other skirt options: handkerchief and A-line maxi. All three skirt options also fit the Sofilantjes Solis dress!

Pattern

Fabric
Yellow jersey – Stenzo
Yellow-with-blue-flowers jersey – Dapper Collections


 *This is a so-called affiliated link, which means for you the purchase price stays the same, while I will receive a small percentage of the purchase price to feed my fabric addiction.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten